Friday, November 15, 2013

Easiest Crocheted Christmas Stocking EVER Pattern!

I've knit a few stockings in my time, and I feel like most are needlessly tedious. My construction is basically a seamless top down sock with an afterthought heel, but in crochet. So without further ado, here's the pattern!

PM-place marker
HDC-Half Double Crochet
SCDec-SC two together
HDCDec- HDC two together
SC-Single Crochet
St- Stitch
Sl St-Slip Stitch

Materials:
J hook
200 yards worsted weight yarn

Pattern:
Ch 43
Row 1: HDC in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch thereafter.
Row 2: Bring ends together and HDC around, to begin working in the round. PM in beginning st. (There will be a small gap, sew closed with the end of your yarn.)
Row 3: HDC in each st around
*Repeat row 3 until you have reached 10 inches in length from start.

Foot:
Row 1: HDC in the next 21 sts, Ch 21. skip next 21 sts, HDC in next st.
Row 2: HDC around to the center of heel gap. PM.
Row 3: HDC in the next 10 sts, HDCDec, HDC in next 19 sts, HDCDec, HDC to the end of the row.
Row 4: HDC in the next 10 sts, HDCDec, HDC in next 17 sts, HDCDec, HDC to the end of the row.
Row 5: HDC around.
*Repeat row 6 until your foot measures 5 inches.

Toe:
(Change colors here if you are doing contrasting heel/toe)
Row 1: SC in the next 9 sts, SCDec, PM, SC in next 16 sts, SCDec, PM, SC to the end of the round.
Next Row: SC until you reach first Dec marker. SCDec, SC until you get to the next Dec marker. SCDec. SC to the end of the round.
*Repeat row 5 until you have 19 stitches left. Pinch the toe together and Sl St across the opening, joining the top and bottom together. Finish off.
Weave in ends.

Heel:
(Change colors here if you are doing contrasting heel/toe)
Row 1: SC around the opening of the heel, skipping corner stitch. Place markers at corners of heel. There should be 41 Sc.
Next Row: SCDec at markers, Sc around
Repeat until there are 21 sts.
Pinch top and bottom together and Sl St across, closing the heel.
Weave in ends.

Hanging loop:
Ch 15, sew on to stocking.

Here you can get creative and add a fancy cuff, appliques, names, whatever you would like! Also, feel free to share the pattern, just please give me credit :)



In this particular stocking, I've cut out letters and logo out of felt and made it Batman themed. 

2 comments:

  1. I’d refer to using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for fast pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping herpes virus cases. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive therapies worked well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching and pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part of my testimony was that I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medications. Anyone who has tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can add up.
    Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so delighted to be completely cured of Herpes Simplex Virus 1/2. After having it since March 4th of 2019. I did some online research when I came Across Herbalist Razor Herbal Exploits. I was amazed😊 when I Came across some of his Works And those he has helped, I decided to Contact him For help, Which He Kindly did Wholeheartedly❤❤, I am glad 🥰To be finally healed Of HSV 1/2 through Herbalist Razor Traditional Herbal Mixture☘☘..
    WhatsApp : https://wa.me/message/USI4SETUUEW4H1 . His Facebook Page : https://web.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure ,
    YouTube Page :
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHQPQK1KqGsQQNqR2zYdiww . His Email Address : herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete