Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Vintage Jar Revamp



My dad brought me this old (pickle?) jar he found in his barn, it was definitely really old, but I don't know how old. The bottom has "1875" on it. The lid was rusted on, so that was my first order of business. I sprayed WD-40 around the lid from underneath and let it soak in for about 15 minutes. Then I took my hammer and tapped around the lid. It opened quite easily after that. I washed the jar, but it still had a few spots on the inside I couldn't get out. It was ok, since I think it gives the jar character. I rummaged in my junk drawer and found this green metal candlestick thing-a-ma-jig. I found a wooden knob that perfectly fit on top. I glued it all together with my trusty Amazing Goop (seriously, I LOVE this stuff!) Then I found this stand that matched the green on top and I dabbed a little glue on it so it would stay put and not fall off.

I can't decide what to put in it though. Oh, the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment