Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Embroidery Hoop Clock DIY


I was so inspired by clock ideas while Pinteresting last night, I just had to make one of my own. I had several embroidery hoops laying around, so I decided on my biggest (go big or go home, right?) I had just bought this Paris fabric from Hobby Lobby and it was just the look I wanted to go for. I had a piece of scrap lace also I liked paired with it. I spread out the fabric and lace the way I wanted it on top of the inner piece of the hoop, and placed the outer hoop around it, pulling the fabric taught. I snipped away the extra fabric and hot glued it to the inside of the hoop. My stepmother had just given me these beads and jewelry parts and I just loved the way the silver looked against the colors. Really vintage-y. I sewed them on equal distance apart around in a random fashion. I marked the center and made a small hole with a knitting needle. I got a clock kit from Hobby Lobby and followed the instructions for installing it. I put an old CD between the clock motor and the fabric for extra stability. Last, I tied a piece of string from the hanger to the tightening knob so it would stay up straight and not swing around.

I think it looks quite handsome, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment