Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cosco Metal Kitchen Cart Makeover

This sad little Cosco Mid Century rolling cart was just screaming for a makeover when I found it at Goodwill for $3.50. I loved the little clear wheels on the bottom! It squeaked and was very rusty from neglect, but I knew I could make it really cute!

I sanded the whole thing with 80 grit sandpaper, making sure to remove any excess paint, dirt and rust, then sprayed the whole thing with Krylon Paint + Primer (my FAVORITE spray paint!) in a beautiful Sun Yellow. 



So cheery and retro, don't you think? This is after one coat.


I perhaps should have taped off the wheels, but i think a cotton ball with fingernail polish remover will take off the excess. I squirted some WD-40 on the wheels and let it soak in, to help with the squeakiness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment