Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cutting Board into Cookbook Stand

I found this old ugly cutting board at my local ReStore. I had seen these on Pinterest and knew it would be perfect to make one of my own. While at the restore, I found a piece of wood (no idea actually what it is, maybe a curtain rod holder). I glued it onto the back for the stand with some all-purpose adhesive. I had some True Blue Krylon Dual Paint + Primer spray paint on hand, so I sprayed on a quick coat of it and let it dry. Then I used my stencil I used for my UK tray tables and stenciled on the logo with some white craft paint. I then painted and glued on a Scrabble tile rack for the holder. I wanted it to look somewhat distressed, so I sanded it roughly with some 80 grit sandpaper. I love how it looks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment