Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Trash to Treasure: Vintage Vanity Chair

My mom picked this chair up out of her neighbor's trash pile, and saved it for me. I was so excited. It was in such good condition, with exception of the worn out fabric on the seat. I immediately unscrewed the seat and ripped off the fabric and disposed of it, hence no photo lol. I also threw away the foam, because it was really worn out too. I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some 2" foam from the fabric department because I wanted the chair to be super comfy. I had a lot of trouble finding a nice fabric for the chair, becuase everything vintage looked too vintage and everything modern looked too modern. I tried tons of fabrics and finally settled on this pillow sham I had. It just looked perfect! I cut it to fit and stapled it to the underside, and reattached the seat with screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment